The lovely team at teapigs have been kind enough to send us lots of sample sachets of their delicious teas for us to give to you. So this month we’ll be adding a couple to every order while stocks last. Read more about teapigs below…
Started by Nick, a self-professed tea evangelist, and Louise, an experienced tea taster, in November 2006, teapigs was born from the realisation that there is a whole world of quality teas out there but they simply aren’t getting the attention they deserve.
The company has become renowned for its delicious, quality teas in beautiful little mesh bags. From the beginning the teapigs aim has been clear and to date they stand by their original beliefs to:
- sell teas of the highest quality, never to compromise on quality, and to only sell whole leaf tea from selected estates, which they supply either as loose leaf or in tea temples.
- bring customers the very best tea they can find.
- keep tea unintimidating yet offer a handpicked select range that offers the customer the chance to discover the wonderfully diverse world of tea.
- use only whole leaf tea, whole leaf herbs and whole flowers.
- maximise flavour by producing tea temples to house the whole leaves, herbs and flowers so that they are handled gently and with love to maintain every drop of that precious flavour.
- ensure that teapigs whole leaf teas are always the very best by continually tasting & testing the teas.
Here are some of the tea varieties you can purchase from teapigs:
- white tea
- green tea
- oolong tea (sometimes called blue)
- black tea
- yerba mate
- honey bush
teapigs have an ethical scheme where they have pledged to directly help the communities with whom they work. Their green credentials are include working with the Rainforest Alliance to help conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behaviour.
To find out more about teapigs and where to buy them click here.